Long division is a finite algorithm and depicts a measure of a dividend by a given divisor.
John Gabriel
2017-10-16 14:27:17 UTC
Long division is a finite algorithm and depicts a measure of a dividend by a given divisor. Watch video to understand!

Be sure to read my world class famous article on How we got numbers. Even WM needs to study it carefully because although he has a far better idea of number than all of you, he still does not understand the concept properly.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-we-got-numbers-john-gabriel-1

Comments are unwelcome and will be ignored.

Posted on this newsgroup in the interests of public education and to eradicate ignorance and stupidity from mainstream mythmatics.

***@gmail.com (MIT)
***@psu.edu (HARVARD)
***@mit.edu (MIT)
***@math.okstate.edu (David Ullrich)
***@clarku.edu
***@gmail.com
b***@gmail.com
2017-10-16 14:41:58 UTC
So nobody understands your concepts, even not WM. So then
lets skip it, here have a banana bird brain John Gabriel,

you will need a little energy to continue your nonsense,
if it keeps on being especially difficult to grasp:

Banana Song (I'm A Banana)

(I guess you will produce more difficult stuff, like
your hallucination S=Lim S by Euler, right?)
http://youtu.be/Q3yEfFkXfBc
John Gabriel
2017-10-16 15:44:28 UTC
Wrong. There are others who do understand. WM has unfortunately been immersed in mainstream garbage far too long for him to escape without any side-effects.
Dan Christensen
2017-10-16 14:59:59 UTC
Post by John Gabriel
Long division is a finite algorithm and depicts a measure of a dividend by a given divisor. Watch video to understand!
I hope you included repeating decimals like

1 -:- 3 = 0.333...

4 -:- 33 = 0.12121212...

Dan

John Gabriel
2017-10-16 19:29:43 UTC
Post by John Gabriel
Long division is a finite algorithm and depicts a measure of a dividend by a given divisor. Watch video to understand!
http://youtu.be/Q3yEfFkXfBc
Be sure to read my world class famous article on How we got numbers. Even WM needs to study it carefully because although he has a far better idea of number than all of you, he still does not understand the concept properly.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-we-got-numbers-john-gabriel-1
Comments are unwelcome and will be ignored.
Posted on this newsgroup in the interests of public education and to eradicate ignorance and stupidity from mainstream mythmatics.
See, you can't have 0.333... by long division unless you get your monkey head stuck in an endless cycle. Besides, Euler didn't arrive at 0.333... by any long division. He arrived at it by forming a LABEL/NAME for the sum of the series 0.3+0.03+0.003+...

Long division is a FINITE algorithm. It has ZERO to do with 1/3 which is a well-formed number. There is no division pending in 1/3. The division has taken place. 1/3 is the measure of 1 unit using 3 units. 3/1 is the measure of 3 units using 1 unit. Very simple fraction arithmetic you have never understood. Well, you have never understood number also, so perhaps you should start there first.

Nothing happens in 1 -:- 3 in algebra. The division algorithm terminates immediately producing 1/3 because 1 < 3.
b***@gmail.com

Dan Christensen
2017-10-17 00:22:34 UTC
Post by John Gabriel
See, you can't have 0.333... by long division
Yes, you can. It's really quite easy.
Post by John Gabriel
unless you get your monkey head stuck in an endless cycle. Besides, Euler didn't arrive at 0.333... by any long division. He arrived at it by forming a LABEL/NAME for the sum of the series 0.3+0.03+0.003+...
Bullshit.
Post by John Gabriel
Long division is a FINITE algorithm. It has ZERO to do with 1/3 which is a well-formed number. There is no division pending in 1/3. The division has taken place.
You never made it past 4th grade math, did you, Troll Boy?
Post by John Gabriel
Very simple fraction arithmetic you have never understood. Well, you have never understood number also...
You are the one who apparently never understood numbers, Troll Boy. In your goofy system, you cannot even prove that 2+2=4.
Post by John Gabriel
so perhaps you should start there first.
Nothing happens in 1 -:- 3 in algebra.
Things in mathematics are either true or false. Things don't "happen."

It's like this, Troll Boy:

For all x, y, z in R and y=/=0, we define x/y=z <=> x=z*y.

And x/y = x -:- y.
Post by John Gabriel
The division algorithm terminates immediately producing 1/3 because 1 < 3.
Wrong again, Troll Boy. The division algorithm can go on indefinitely, to any number of decimal places. Fortunately, you will always eventually get a simple pattern repeating itself.

Dan

John Gabriel
2017-10-17 01:12:49 UTC
Post by Dan Christensen
Post by John Gabriel
See, you can't have 0.333... by long division
Yes, you can. It's really quite easy.
Says the moron who knows shit about mathematics. I am a mathematician and you are an idiot. Long division is a finite algorithm. Nothing goes on forever.
Post by Dan Christensen
Post by John Gabriel
unless you get your monkey head stuck in an endless cycle. Besides, Euler didn't arrive at 0.333... by any long division. He arrived at it by forming a LABEL/NAME for the sum of the series 0.3+0.03+0.003+...
Bullshit.
Argument by insult. Chuckle.
Post by Dan Christensen
Post by John Gabriel
Long division is a FINITE algorithm. It has ZERO to do with 1/3 which is a well-formed number. There is no division pending in 1/3. The division has taken place.
You never made it past 4th grade math, did you, Troll Boy?
Once again ad hominem by a dumb bastard who knows nothing but libel and has a skull thicker than an oak tree. Was your mother a Jew asshole? I bet she regrets spewing out a dumb cunt like you. Your father must have been a renowned imbecile who should have had a vasectomy before he met the unfortunate woman who became your biological mother. She did a rotten job in rearing you.
Post by Dan Christensen
Post by John Gabriel
1/3 is the measure of 1 unit using 3 units. 3/1 is the measure of 3 units using 1 unit.
Bullshit.
You are bullshit! You poor dumb, jealous bastard. I have fucked you up so badly that you will never recover again. You will be remembered as a bitter, washed out troll on sci.math.

You've never recovered from the beating I gave you on Peano's crapaxioms. There goes all the effort you put into your shitty software. I tried to warn you that you were wasting your time and you turned against me like a snake because you are a snake.

For you to call the following bullshit

1/3 is the measure of 1 unit using 3 units. 3/1 is the measure of 3 units using 1 unit.

reminds me of the lying Bulgarian in the video by pretending to be Macedonian:

Here king troll:

2/6 is the measure of 2 units using 6 units. 6/2 is the measure of 6 units using 2 units.

Calling this Bullshit just confirms you are an ignorant troll and always will be one. What a dipstick you are! King Dipstick and now there are prince dipsticks Jan Burse and Zelos Malum.
Post by Dan Christensen
Post by John Gabriel
Very simple fraction arithmetic you have never understood. Well, you have never understood number also...
You are the one who apparently never understood numbers, Troll Boy. In your goofy system, you cannot even prove that 2+2=4.
Still smarting from that beating I gave you heh? I bet it was a bitter pill you are still struggling to swallow given that WM and several others told you that you are an idiot. Chuckle.
Post by Dan Christensen
Post by John Gabriel
so perhaps you should start there first.
Nothing happens in 1 -:- 3 in algebra.
Things in mathematics are either true or false. Things don't "happen."
For all x, y, z in R and y=/=0, we define x/y=z <=> x=z*y.
No. You don't get to define anything moron. Insignificant retards like you are not given the liberty of making definitions. You simply parrot them.

x/y is not an ill-formed definition, you idiot. It is the measure of x using y.

That is the crux of this OP. Your inability to grasp even the simplest concepts is shocking.
Post by Dan Christensen
And x/y = x -:- y.
Post by John Gabriel
The division algorithm terminates immediately producing 1/3 because 1 < 3.
Wrong again, Troll Boy. The division algorithm can go on indefinitely,
State just one source where it claims you can divide forever. You can't. The division algorithm is finite you despicable, dirty, filthy Jew lackey bastard. Not enough adjectives to express my disgust at you.
Post by Dan Christensen
to any number of decimal places. Fortunately, you will always eventually get a simple pattern repeating itself.
You mean like in pi and sqrt(2) hey moron? Chuckle. What a fucking idiot you will always be!
Post by Dan Christensen
King Troll Dan Christensen
Sign your comments appropriately you dead dog!!!!

You have exceeded the number of comments for which responses from me are granted. Now you are going back to kill-file.
Dan Christensen
2017-10-17 03:04:01 UTC
Post by John Gabriel
Post by Dan Christensen
Things in mathematics are either true or false. Things don't "happen."
For all x, y, z in R and y=/=0, we define x/y=z <=> x=z*y.
No. You don't get to define anything moron.
I did not invent division on the real numbers. If you had any math background to speak of, you would know that is a standard definition. And unlike your wonky definitions, it actually works.
Post by John Gabriel
x/y is not an ill-formed definition, you idiot.
Yes. I presented the definition above. Do pay attention.
Post by John Gabriel
It is the measure of x using y.
[snip]

Meaningless gibberish, Troll Boy. Completely useless as a definition.
Post by John Gabriel
Post by Dan Christensen
Wrong again, Troll Boy. The division algorithm can go on indefinitely,
State just one source where it claims you can divide forever.
Try your 5th grade math textbook. Oooops... You missed that one, didn't you, Troll Boy? Oh, well...
Post by John Gabriel
Post by Dan Christensen
to any number of decimal places. Fortunately, you will always eventually get a simple pattern repeating itself.
You mean like in pi and sqrt(2) hey moron
No, I mean like 1/3 and 4/33. What a moron!

Dan

Zelos Malum
2017-10-17 07:13:31 UTC
And what is "measure" here? What is "unit"?, you haven't mathematicly defined what either of those terms mean.
John Gabriel
2017-10-17 09:45:44 UTC
Post by Zelos Malum
Post by John Gabriel
2/6 is the measure of 2 units using 6 units. 6/2 is the measure of 6 units using 2 units.
And what is "measure" here? What is "unit"?, you haven't mathematicly defined what either of those terms mean.
I have. Crack open the following article you idiot!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/eulers-worst-definition-lim-john-gabriel
John Gabriel