Formal proofs vs proofs
Add Reply
m***@wp.pl
2017-06-14 13:21:02 UTC
Someone trusted tells You: formally A, but B.

Will You trust that A or will You trust that B?
David Petry
2017-06-14 20:47:28 UTC
You'll wonder if maybe that "trusted" someone is merely playing word games.
m***@wp.pl
2017-06-14 23:20:29 UTC
Post by David Petry
Post by m***@wp.pl
Someone trusted tells You: formally A, but B.
Will You trust that A or will You trust that B?
You'll wonder if maybe that "trusted" someone is merely playing word games.
He is, of course, like everyone else. But
A or B?
William Elliot
2017-06-15 03:10:51 UTC
Post by m***@wp.pl
Someone trusted tells You: formally A, but B.
That isn't formal.
Post by m***@wp.pl
Will You trust that A or will You trust that B?
Trust both.

Yes, you can drive the car but the brakes need fixing.
m***@wp.pl
2017-06-15 07:11:53 UTC
Post by William Elliot
Post by m***@wp.pl
Someone trusted tells You: formally A, but B.
That isn't formal.
Right.
Post by William Elliot
Post by m***@wp.pl
Will You trust that A or will You trust that B?
Trust both.
Wrong. Such information means: They will tell you A,
they will prove it theoretically, but it is either a
lie or some wishful thinking; prepare for B.
This is how real world estimate value of formal
statements.

BTW, do You know Hausdorff-Banach-Tarski method of
ball multiplying?
A good example: formally it's possible. It's proven
and whoever deny is stupid OK. But not quite really.
William Elliot
2017-06-15 10:59:10 UTC
Post by m***@wp.pl
Post by William Elliot
Post by m***@wp.pl
Will You trust that A or will You trust that B?
Trust both.
Wrong. Such information means: They will tell you A,
they will prove it theoretically, but it is either a
lie or some wishful thinking; prepare for B.
This is how real world estimate value of formal
statements.
Since you removed my example, I repeat it.

Yes, you can drive the car but the brakes need fixing.

Yes, the car runs but the brakes need fixing.

Both statements are true.
Yes I know of it and Boyai's making spheres larger method.
m***@wp.pl
2017-06-15 11:56:09 UTC
Post by William Elliot
Post by m***@wp.pl
Post by William Elliot
Post by m***@wp.pl
Will You trust that A or will You trust that B?
Trust both.
Wrong. Such information means: They will tell you A,
they will prove it theoretically, but it is either a
lie or some wishful thinking; prepare for B.
This is how real world estimate value of formal
statements.
Since you removed my example, I repeat it.
And it's still as off topic, as it was first time.

How about: formally the rule belongs to people,
but comerade Stalin will kill anyone opposing him.
?