john gabriel 0.99999... = 1
me
2017-12-29 17:13:39 UTC
no, they are different , you know why? one is to my left, one is to my right!
m***@gmail.com
2018-01-01 01:19:29 UTC
Post by me
no, they are different , you know why? one is to my left, one is to my right!
Correct. One quantity is the first above and one is first below

They are different by only one infinitely small
the first and next quantity above .999 repeating is One.
the first mathematical quantity is 1/infinity.
It is the one fundamental infinitesimal.
all other quantities can be built by it.

They share a sameness by having an only
infinitely small difference. the sameness
just isn't absolute.

.999 repeating is a transcendental 1
The infinitely small difference seems
to come from the two different representations
that come from 1/3+1/3+1/3=1
and .333 repeating plus .333 repeating plus .333 repeating equals .999 repeating
when 1/3 and .333 repeating are definitions of the same quantity

Mitchell Raemsch
Chris M. Thomasson
2018-01-01 07:59:40 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by me
no, they are different , you know why? one is to my left, one is to my right!
Correct. One quantity is the first above and one is first below
They are different by only one infinitely small
the first and next quantity above .999 repeating is One.
the first mathematical quantity is 1/infinity.
It is the one fundamental infinitesimal.
all other quantities can be built by it.
They share a sameness by having an only
infinitely small difference. the sameness
just isn't absolute.
Dare to zoom in on the infinitely small? Are you afraid?

;^)
Mitchell Raemsch
m***@gmail.com
2018-01-01 21:15:26 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by m***@gmail.com
.999 repeating is a transcendental 1
The infinitely small difference seems
to come from the two different representations
that come from 1/3+1/3+1/3=1
and .333 repeating plus .333 repeating plus .333 repeating equals .999 repeating
when 1/3 and .333 repeating are definitions of the same quantity
Mitchell Raemsch
Zoom into 1 divided by infinity.
It is the defining quantity of all quantity.
It is the absolute first quantity of math as zero is the absence.
It is defined as fundamental infinitesimal 1/infinity.
Infinite sizes of the infinitely small make the first finite integer.

Mitchell Raemsch
Chris M. Thomasson
2018-01-01 22:50:33 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by m***@gmail.com
.999 repeating is a transcendental 1
The infinitely small difference seems
to come from the two different representations
that come from 1/3+1/3+1/3=1
and .333 repeating plus .333 repeating plus .333 repeating equals .999 repeating
when 1/3 and .333 repeating are definitions of the same quantity
Mitchell Raemsch
Zoom into 1 divided by infinity.
It is the defining quantity of all quantity.
It is the absolute first quantity of math as zero is the absence.
It is defined as fundamental infinitesimal 1/infinity.
Infinite sizes of the infinitely small make the first finite integer.
Wrt fractals, well, we can zoom into to as much precision as our
machines allow. We can even go further wrt networking said machine's,
infinite precision floating point if you will. We will never be able to
touch infinity, however, we can try, and it is fun... ;^)

https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XtscDl

Well, there it is... An infinite object that we cannot "fully observe".

Oh well...
Simon Roberts
2018-01-01 21:32:26 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by me
no, they are different , you know why? one is to my left, one is to my right!
Correct. One quantity is the first above and one is first below
They are different by only one infinitely small
the first and next quantity above .999 repeating is One.
WHEN DOES IT END? WHERE DOES IT END?
Mitchell Raemsch
Simon Roberts
2018-01-01 21:34:41 UTC
Post by Simon Roberts
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by me
no, they are different , you know why? one is to my left, one is to my right!
Correct. One quantity is the first above and one is first below
They are different by only one infinitely small
the first and next quantity above .999 repeating is One.
WHEN DOES IT END? WHERE DOES IT END?
INFINITELY SMALL =/= 0 or else fundamental calculus is doomed.
Mitchell Raemsch
m***@gmail.com
2018-01-02 01:13:13 UTC
Post by Simon Roberts
Post by m***@gmail.com
the first mathematical quantity is 1/infinity.
It is the one fundamental infinitesimal.
all other quantities can be built by it.
They share a sameness by having an only
infinitely small difference. the sameness
just isn't absolute.
.999 repeating is a transcendental 1
The infinitely small difference seems
to come from the two different representations
that come from 1/3+1/3+1/3=1
and .333 repeating plus .333 repeating plus .333 repeating equals .999 repeating
when 1/3 and .333 repeating are definitions of the same quantity
Mitchell Raemsch
Repeatings are infinite decimal expansions and defined as transcendentals
Like space expanding forever... and time doesn't reach an end.

Mitchell Raemsch
Zelos Malum
No you moron, repeating ones are RATIONAL NUMBERS which by definition cannot be transcendental. Do you even know what that word means you moron?
m***@gmail.com
2018-01-02 23:24:18 UTC
Post by Zelos Malum
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Simon Roberts
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
What is the difference?

Mitchell Raemsch; God creates gravity
Zelos Malum
2018-01-03 06:50:59 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Zelos Malum
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Simon Roberts
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Everything?

A rational number is an ordered pair (p,q), written as p/q, with q not being 0, of integers. A transcendental number y is a number there exists no z in Q[X] such that z(y)=0

However for every rational number we can have z=X-p/q or z=qX-p as our polynomials and our rational number p/q is a root then.

If you do not know this basic stuff you really shouldn't be talking about mathematics.
bassam king karzeddin
2018-02-12 14:09:58 UTC
Post by Zelos Malum
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Zelos Malum
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Simon Roberts
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
And you are a very good case example of not understanding the most elementary matters that kids would do, if they were taught properly, for sure

BKK
Zelos Malum
2018-02-15 14:06:47 UTC
Post by bassam king karzeddin
And you are a very good case example of not understanding the most elementary matters that kids would do, if they were taught properly, for sure
I understand it much better than you. You have no clue what polynomial rings are, do you? :)