Chess Moves as an Artificial Intelligence
KBH
2018-10-09 05:36:06 UTC
The first two moves are pawn b2 to b3 and pawn g2 to g3. Those moves are regardless of opposing moves.

Additional moves are pawn c2 to c3 and pawn f2 to f3. But those moves are only allowed when and if there is no potential threat to the knights. Of course one side may be held as required and the other-side worked as allowed.

The overall goal is to get the left-side bishop to a3 and the right-side bishop to h3 where they are swapped with opposing bishops using a response from the knights.

Finally, an additional goal is to get the left-side knight backwards to c2 and the right-side knight backwards to f2. Of course one side may be positioned as expected with the other side not able to reach the preferred position.

Since it's difficult to write down a structure of this simple logic I'm thinking of this logic as an artificial intelligence if-then-else template. Of course there is a large number of possible opposing moves and combinations of opposing moves.

Obviously, I'm not interested in statistical keyword searches but want an if-then-else structure that can be partially used, or fully used, or expanded to additional dimensions. As an application developer I'm really more likely to just write a custom if-then-else structure for each application.

The game does continue onward otherwise. Pawns take defensive positions relative to the movement of opposing pawns. The queen is swapped with the opposing queen as soon as possible, the knights are swapped with the opposing knights, and the rooks are swapped with the opposing rooks.

This game strategy just simplifies the possible moves and makes a draw more likely but a loss less likely.

Finally, playing computer chess seems to assist digestion.

Earle Jones
2018-10-09 22:06:54 UTC
Post by KBH
[...]
*
KBH:

A long time ago, our friend, Archimedes Plutonium (AP, Archie) worked
on the Chess problem:

White to play and win (from the initial position.) His approach, as I
recall, was to study many games from the losers point of view. I don't
know how much progress he made before going on to other problems, like
how to make a killing on the stock market.

AP, did you ever finish that problem?

earle
*
KBH
2018-10-10 00:15:05 UTC
Post by KBH
[...]
What gets my attention about this particular chess structure is that the left-side and the right-side are similar but that one side might have to take a position to protect the other side from an upcoming opposing position. Each side is trying to reach the same simple structure but one side might have to delay its plan to protect the positioning of the other side. The logic moves from one side to the other side even though the two sides are similar.

And then many new programming languages are a selection of templates to be configured. So I was thinking about an if-then-else template.
KBH
2018-10-10 06:02:04 UTC
Post by KBH
[...]
Well all I have is three primary parameters and two secondary parameters:

Sub b2b3
Sub g2g3

If S1 = A If S1 = B
Sub f2f3 Sub c2c3
Sub f1h3 Sub c1a3
Sub g1h3 Sub b1a3
Sub h3f2 Sub a3b2
Sub c2c3 Sub f2f3
Sub c1a3 Sub f1h3
Sub b1a3 Sub g1h3
Sub a3c2 Sub h3f2

If S1 = C
Sub c1a3
Sub b1h3
Sub f2f3
Sub f1h3
Sub g1h3
Sub c2c3
If S2 = D
Sub a3c2
Sub h3f2
If S2 = E
Sub h3f2
Sub acc2

Of course a chess game wouldn't necessarily cooperate but just suggested a mirrored structure.
KBH
2018-10-10 06:12:39 UTC
Post by KBH
[...]
[ One correction below ]

PolicySpy
2018-10-10 07:09:12 UTC
Post by KBH
[...]
Well all I have now is three primary parameters and four secondary parameters:

Sub b2b3
Sub g2g3

If S1 = A If S1 = B
Sub f2f3 Sub c2c3
Sub f1h3 Sub c1a3
Sub g1h3 Sub b1a3
Sub h3f2 Sub a3b2
Sub c2c3 Sub f2f3
Sub c1a3 Sub f1h3
Sub b1a3 Sub g1h3
Sub a3c2 Sub h3f2

If S1 = C
Sub c1a3
Sub b1h3
If S3 = F Sub d1c1
Sub f2f3
If S3 = G Sub d1c1
Sub f1h3
Sub g1h3
Sub c2c3
If S2 = D
Sub a3c2
Sub h3f2
If S2 = E
Sub h3f2
Sub a3c2

Of course a chess game wouldn't necessarily cooperate but just suggested a mirrored structure .
KBH
2018-10-10 07:20:26 UTC
Post by KBH
[...]
Well all I have now is the three primary parameters and four secondary parameters:

Sub b2b3
Sub g2g3

If S1 = A If S1 = B
Sub f2f3 Sub c2c3
Sub f1h3 Sub c1a3
Sub g1h3 Sub b1a3
Sub h3f2 Sub a3b2
Sub c2c3 Sub f2f3
Sub c1a3 Sub f1h3
Sub b1a3 Sub g1h3
Sub a3c2 Sub h3f2

If S1 = C
Sub c1a3
Sub b1h3
If S3 = F d1c1 & set S2 = E
Sub f2f3
If S3 = G d1c1 & set S2 = E
Sub f1h3
Sub g1h3
Sub c2c3
If S2 = D
Sub a3c2
Sub h3f2
If S2 = E
Sub h3f2
Sub a3c2

Of course, a chess game wouldn't necessarily cooperate but just suggested a mirrored structure.
KBH
2018-10-10 09:22:10 UTC
Post by KBH
[...]
Well I have three primary branches:

Sub b2b3
Sub g2g3

If S1 = A If S1 = B
Sub f2f3 Sub c2c3
Sub f1h3 Sub c1a3
Sub g1h3 Sub b1a3
Sub h3f2 Sub a3c2
Sub c2c3 Sub f2f3
Sub c1a3 Sub f1h3
Sub b1a3 Sub g1h3
Sub a3c2 Sub h3f2

If S1 = C
Sub c1a3
Sub b1a3
Sub d1c1
Sub c2c3
Sub f2f3
Sub f1h3
Sub g1h3
Sub h3f2
Sub a3c2

Of course a chess game will not necessarily cooperate but just suggested a mirrored structure for an if-then-else template.
KBH
2018-10-28 11:55:31 UTC
What is AI ? AI is a use of data to copy or rate the occurrences of the past.

Instead, I'm looking for a logic, but also a template, of the use of standard programming logic.

Sub b2b3
Sub g2g3

If S1 = A If S1 = B
Sub f2f3 Sub c2c3
Sub f1h3 Sub c1a3
Sub g1h3 Sub b1a3
Sub h3f2 Sub a3c2
Sub c2c3 Sub f2f3
Sub c1a3 Sub f1h3
Sub b1a3 Sub g1h3
Sub a3c2 Sub h3f2

If S1 = C If S1 = D
Sub c1a3 Sub f1h3
Sub b1a3 Sub g1h3
Sub d1c1
Sub c2c3 Sub f2f3
Sub f2f3 Sub c2c3
Sub f1h3 Sub c1a3
Sub g1h3 Sub b1a3
Sub h3f2 Sub a3c2
Sub a3c2 Sub h3f2

What I have is similar or mirrored program branches. Each branch can have its own detail added but the branches should also share major subs. In this example most all of the subs are shared across the mirrored branches but are just in different order.

I suppose that a template of chess game programming would be a better approach for making an AI based on logic. Of course the parameters must be detailed in some way or else associated with chess pieces.
Bill
2018-10-28 21:14:12 UTC
Post by KBH
What is AI ? AI is a use of data to copy or rate the occurrences of the past.
Instead, I'm looking for a logic, but also a template, of the use of standard programming logic.
You want to improve on the developments of the last 50 years,
huh? Good luck with that! Seriously, try your ideas on
Tic-Tac-Toe first.
KBH
2018-10-28 12:34:18 UTC
Oh I see.

The situation that comes close to what I'm suggesting is an object structure. An object can combine a parameter and a sub-parameter together.

Personally, I don't write objects but I use an object structure when it's a programming language syntax. I do declare, write, and use objects as a record structure. Of course records could simply be random-access-files instead of files-of-records.
KBH
2018-10-28 23:49:13 UTC
Here is a better response:

The idea of a novel logic structure using standard programming techniques to produce a new type of AI, is most likely just a logic of reading data files. Reading data files is the current method of AI.

Now the application developer has a plan for developing AI.
Bill
2018-10-29 02:27:55 UTC
Post by KBH
The idea of a novel logic structure using standard programming techniques to produce a new type of AI, is most likely just a logic of reading data files. Reading data files is the current method of AI.
Maybe you should investigate "neural networks".
KBH
2018-10-29 06:25:44 UTC
I'm closer to enterprise-resource-planning than to artificial-intelligence.

I would expect a professional office to input data in a required format and to get a good result from that process.

And so an application (or a programming template), that reads files of input data, could easily work as a single application applied to varying endeavors.
Bill
2018-10-29 07:38:32 UTC
Post by KBH
I'm closer to enterprise-resource-planning than to artificial-intelligence.
I would expect a professional office to input data in a required format and to get a good result from that process.
And so an application (or a programming template), that reads files of input data, could easily work as a single application applied to varying endeavors.
Experience has shown that different problems have different sorts
of solutions in AI. For instance, some use neural networks, and
some use other tools, such as Prolog (language).
m***@wp.pl
2018-10-29 09:34:21 UTC
Post by Bill
Experience has shown that different problems have different sorts
of solutions in AI.
Even more - the same problems have it them too.